Artist Application Page
ChoirCommunity is looking to add to its submitting team of artists in 2023!
ChoirCommunity is now in its sixth year and we are really proud of what we have achieved over this time. We now have well over 1150 downloadable titles available, all created by 22 talented choir leaders, arrangers, composers and musicians from around the UK. Since January 2018, over 250,000 copies of music have been downloaded from the site by the 6,750 choirs around the world who have joined up by registering an account.
Like many small-scale enterprises, we initially grew very organically, taking referrals from people we knew, as well as using our own contacts to find the best musicians who were also willing to join the team. In 2021, we opened up a more structured application process for new arrangers for the first time which resulted in seven more talented people joining the team.
It’s taken a bit longer than originally planned to open up the process again, but we’re finally ready to do that now! We plan to bring on 3 or 4 new artists into the team during 2023.
If you think you have a suitable collection of arrangements which might help to expand the ChoirCommunity portfolio, then we’d love to hear from you.
We’re setting the bar pretty high though! In order to be considered, you will need to have:
- At least 6 or more high-quality arrangements fully scored in a suitable digital editing package (like Sibelius, Musescore or Dorico). These could be popular copyrighted songs, original works or traditional public domain songs, but they must be accessible and enjoyable to sing and show a real understanding of what choirs today are looking for.
- The ability to record high quality learning tracks for each part of the arrangement, as well as an ensemble recording. We will be looking for multiple examples as this is a key differentiating factor for the website.
- Evidence that you will be able to provide at least 6 new arrangements per year to add to the collection of the same quality as the original submission
If you are interested in applying to join the team, please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- A description of your relevant experience and track record in working with choirs or singing groups
- The reasons why you would like to submit music to ChoirCommunity
- The list of songs which you would submit as your initial batch of ‘launch’ titles (at least 6).
- At least 2 examples of scores from the list (in pdf format)
- At least 2 examples of learning tracks (in mp3 format)
It is worth noting that we can organise the clearance for most rights-owned music for publication, so you can send arrangements of copyrighted music as examples, they don’t need to be cleared by you.
Since mp3 files in particular can be quite large, we will accept the music files using any recognised filesharing or file transfer service (e.g. WeTransfer, Dropbox, Box, Google Cloud, etc.).
We promise to keep everything which is sent to us completely secure and confidential and will not share anything outside the ChoirCommunity board (which is Piers, Craig and Gitika). We will also endeavour (depending on the number of submissions) to get back in touch with you quickly and provide any feedback we can.
*We will be accepting submissions until the end of June 2023, after which we will close the application window again and select 3 or 4 new arrangers to join the team.
We’re really excited about this new initiative and look forward to welcoming some new talented musicians into the team in 2023!